The Engineering Department is responsible for plan preparation and review, construction survey and construction management, storm water management and the overall function of the City's infrastructure. The department also prepares and updates the City's maps and conducts various engineering studies.
The Engineering Department provides a broad spectrum of engineering services and strives to efficiently assist the public and other City departments regarding engineering and infrastructure issues. Staff includes engineers, technicians, construction managers, inspectors, GIS analysts and administrative personnel.
The City of Cudahy Engineering Department is responsible for the preparation, planning, design, review and/or approval of design drawings, surveying, and construction management for the following:
- Driveway Approaches
- Public Parking Lots
- Storm Sewer
- Sanitary Sewer
- Water Main
- Street Lighting
- Traffic Lights
- Traffic Signs
- Retention and Detention Ponds
- Stormwater Run-off
- Private Site Development Grading and Drainage Plans
- Erosion Control
- Certified Survey Maps
- Plat of Survey
- Geographic Information Systems
In addition, the Engineering Department performs a wide variety of the following services:
- Performs administrative and engineering related services for other departments within the City.
- Provides project oversight and design review services for all public construction projects, private developments, and zoning and site plan submittals.
- Responds to citizen inquiries and concerns regarding traffic and pedestrian safety, roadway design, infrastructure improvements, sanitary and storm water issues, street right-of-way and land information.
- Maintains official maps and records including zoning, district, voting, utility system maps, and other miscellaneous City Maps.
- Establishes and maintains GIS mapping and inventory. Assists other departments in accessing GIS data.
To contact the Engineering Department, please call (414) 769-2212.