What's New at Cudahy DPW
REMINDER - E-WASTE COLLECTION THIS SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2019 ... 8A - 12 NOON
E-Waste Special Collection - The City of Cudahy DPW is hosting an E-Waste Collection Event at Cudahy's Drop Off Site on Saturday, May 18th from 8:00am - 12 Noon ... this event is open to all residents & non-residents. There is a charge for TVs and monitors, but other items can be dropped off for free - Click Here for more on this event OR Click on E-Waste & Freon Disposal tab in the Public Works Department for additional info on E-Cycling
This year 2019 Drop Off Passes will be issued upon request to eligible property owners. City of Cudahy Drop-Off Site Ticket Order Request Forms are available NOW, either Downloadable Form on the website OR stop in at the DPW Desk during regular business hours to pick up a blank form…
2019 Drop-Off Site Ticket Order Form
- City Trees - The City of Cudahy's Tree Removal Contractor will continue removal of hazardous trees this week. Please be aware, it will take several months before the stumps are removed. Trees that are being removed have been determined to be hazardous by a qualified Arborist.
- DPW crews have been delayed by the rain and will continue to plant trees this week. The City is only able to plant about 200 trees this season. That will mean that there may only be one (1) or two (2) trees planted on your block this year. If you do receive a new tree, the City will leave instructions regarding the tree's care. Each newly planted tree will have a watering bag attached to it. Please do not remove or damage the bag. The City will be watering and maintaining the newly planted trees during the next several months;
- Pothole Patching - Pothole patching will continue on City streets. Once streets are patched the crew will begin patching in alleys, however, the DPW Crews may not be able begin working in the alleys until late June;
- Drainage Inlet Repairs - The DPW has been delayed by the rain and will continue the repair of drainage inlets on roadways this week. This work will continue throughout the City until November;
- Reconstruction Projects- Beginning Monday, May 13th - Kingan Avenue, between Layton and Plankinton Avenues will be closed to all traffic for reconstruction. The road work is expected to be completed sometime in July, pending weather delays. Rain plays a vital role in road construction and one (1) day of rain can potentially delay a project by up to three (3) days;
- Alley Reconstruction Project - Alley Reconstruction is scheduled to begin on Monday, May 13th in the 3800 block of Van Norman / Allerton Avenues, pending any weather delays;
- DPW Facebook Page– Check out the Cudahy DPW Facebook page ... You'll find updates and information regarding present & upcoming projects, as well as, other pertinent info. Like us @ Cudahy Public Works!