What's New at Cudahy DPW
WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A WINTER STORM
Click Here for Snow Event Parking and Plowing Details
In observance of MLK Day on Monday, January 20th, 2020, Advanced Disposal will be closed - there will be NO GARBAGE OR RECYCLE COLLECTION that day ... All Garbage & Recycle pick-up will be collected one day later that week (Monday Collection will occur on Tuesday, Tuesday Collection will occur on Wednesday, etc...)
The DROP OFF SITE IS CLOSED for Winter Season
We will re-open Saturday, April 4th, 2020
New Curbside Junk Pick Up -
As part of the 2020 City of Cudahy Annual Budget, the Common Council approved a one-time annual curbside trash pick-up for all eligible property owners receiving City garbage collection services. The program allows a property owner to contact the Department of Public Works and schedule, at their convenience, one (1) annual curbside pick-up, up to seven (7) cubic yards of refuse, at the curb in front of their property. This program is for BULK ITEMS & TRASH ONLY and is expected to begin after April 1st.
This service replaces bulky item & trash disposal at the City's Drop Off site. The Drop Off Site will remain accesible to DISPOSE OF RECYCLING & YARD WASTE and will be OPEN TO ALL RESIDENTS with a valid Cudahy ID, as well as, eliminating the need for Drop Off tickets. The Common Council is researching the impact of a fee based program to provide residents the opportunity to dispose of trash and bulk items at the Drop Off site for a set fee. More details regarding the annual curbside pick-up, as well as, Drop Off site changes will be posted in February.
- City Street Tree Trimming - The Department is currently trimming trees in the area between Layton to Allerton and from Lake Drive to KK. If you live outside this area and have a concern regarding the trimming of your street tree, please notify us before February 1st, 2020;
- Sidewalk Snow Shoveling - City ordinance requires the property owner to shovel and keep sidewalks abutting their property free of snow and ice within 24 hours after the snow has stopped. If not done, the City may have the snow and ice removed without notice at a minimum charge of $180 per snow event. Please remember, if you live on a corner, you are also responsible for clearing the crosswalk;
- Alley Shoveling - Many communities do not offer snow plowing in alleys, however, Cudahy still plows alleys but it has become more difficult each year. To prevent this service from disappearing, PLEASE DO NOT THROW SNOW BACK INTO THE ALLEY. The City only has enough money to plow alleys once, so when people throw their snow back in the alley they create hazardous conditions for their neighbors;
- DUMPSTERS - NO DUMPSTERS allowed on any street from December 1st thru April 1st;
- DPW Facebook Page– Check out the Cudahy DPW Facebook page ... You'll find updates and information regarding present & upcoming projects, as well as, other pertinent info. Like us @ Cudahy Public Works!