What's New at Cudahy DPW
PER GOVERNOR ISSUED SAFER AT HOME ORDERS
EFFECTIVE MARCH 24, 2020
CITY DROP OFF SITE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
SPECIAL BULK CURBSIDE PICK-UP
SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
HOWEVER, due to the Rapidly Evolving Environment,
as the situation changes we will update this page
In the meantime, here's the 2020 Garbage & Recycling Newsletter
(Printed copies have been mailed to all eligible residential properties)
THE CUDAHY PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT IS HERE
TO ASSURE OUR RESIDENTS THAT
GARBAGE & RECYCLE COLLECTIONS WILL CONTINUE
DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
THERE WILL BE NO INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE
ADVANCED DISPOSAL SERVICE UPDATE
"Service First, Safety Always"
Effective Monday, March 23, 2020 - ALL TRASH / REFUSE / RECYCLING NOT CONTAINERIZED WILL NOT BE COLLECTED
Click Here for complete details
DPW Operations during COVID-19
The Department is taking necessary precautions to ensure that staff remains healthy to provide essential services to the public. Those services require most of the staff to report to work. However, we are staggering the workforce and working with minimal crew sizes. Office staff will be limited. Things are not as efficient as we would like, so please be patient when you call. The Department has been street sweeping and removing trees and shrubs that are within major drainage ditches. The Department is doing this as a pollution and flood control measure. Crews will continue to clean sanitary sewers in the northeast section of the City. The crews also plan to stump the trees that were removed late last year and begin the restoration process.
Don't throw wipes in the toilet! Those wipes you are using to disinfect surfaces should be thrown in your waste basket - NOT the toilet. Property owners are experiencing sewer back-ups and the culprit has been disinfecting wipes. The City also prevented a back-up during its' sewer cleaning that was a result of an accumulation of "wipes". So, please throw the wipes in the trash.
Adopt A Storm Drain
If it's not rain, it doesn't belong in the drain - Do your part to prevent Water Pollution and Adopt a Storm Drain today!
New Curbside Junk Pick Up -
SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- City Street Tree Trimming - The Department is suspending all tree trimming & restoration until further notice due to the Governor's "Safer At Home" Emergency orders;
- Sidewalk Snow Shoveling - City ordinance requires the property owner to shovel and keep sidewalks abutting their property free of snow and ice within 24 hours after the snow has stopped. If not done, the City may have the snow and ice removed without notice at a minimum charge of $180 per snow event. Please remember, if you live on a corner, you are also responsible for clearing the crosswalk;
- Alley Shoveling - Many communities do not offer snow plowing in alleys, however, Cudahy still plows alleys but it has become more difficult each year. To prevent this service from disappearing, PLEASE DO NOT THROW SNOW BACK INTO THE ALLEY. The City only has enough money to plow alleys once, so when people throw their snow back in the alley they create hazardous conditions for their neighbors;
- DUMPSTERS - NO DUMPSTERS allowed on any street from December 1st thru April 1st;
- DPW Facebook Page– Check out the Cudahy DPW Facebook page ... You'll find updates and information regarding present & upcoming projects, as well as, other pertinent info. Like us @ Cudahy Public Works!