What's New at Cudahy DPW
2019 Fall Leaf Collection Update
Even with the snow that fell, the City will continue to collect leaves the week of November 18th. With the weather we have had we can’t guarantee that we will continue to collect after November 22nd. So get your leaves out to the curb by the 18th. If it does not snow on November 23rd or 24th the DPW crew will make one last pick up of leaves beginning Monday, November 25th. Have your leaves out by Sunday night November 24th for the final pick-up. We will start on Lunham Avenue and work our way to College Avenue. If we have been through your neighborhood that week – do not put leaves out after that as we will charge a minimum of $180 to remove them. Leaves left in the street are very problematic during winter and spring conditions. In order to protect the safety and welfare of the public it is necessary to comply with the requirement. If you have leaves after the City makes its final collection, you can put them in boxes or re-usable containers and dispose of the leaves at the City Drop-Off site on Saturday, December 7th. If you are disposing of leaves only – you will not need a Drop-Off pass but will need to show identification that you are a Cudahy resident.
DROP OFF SITE LAST DAY OPEN SATURDAY DECEMBER 7TH
Cudahy Drop Off Site will be closed from December 8th, 2019 - April 4th, 2020
- City Street Tree Removal - The City of Cudahy will continue tree removal through the end of the season. Please be aware, it will take several months before the stumps are removed. Trees that are being removed have been determined to be hazardous by a qualified Arborist;
- City Street Tree Trimming - After leaves are collected the Department will begin trimming trees in the area between Layton to Lunham and from Lake Drive to KK. If you live outside this area and have a concern regarding the trimming of your street tree, please notify us before February 1st, 2020;
- Sidewalk Snow Shoveling - City ordinance requires the property owner to shovel and keep sidewalks abutting their property free of snow and ice within 24 hours after the snow has stopped. If not done, the City may have the snow and ice removed at a minimum charge of $180 per snow event;
- Alley Shoveling - Many communities do not offer snow plowing in alleys, however, Cudahy still plows alleys but it has become more difficult each year. To prevent this service from disappearing, PLEASE DO NOT THROW SNOW BACK INTO THE ALLEY. The City only has enough money to plow alleys once, so when people throw their snow back in the alley they create hazardous conditions for their neighbors;
- DUMPSTERS - NO DUMPSTERS allowed on any street from December 1st thru April 1st;
- DPW Facebook Page– Check out the Cudahy DPW Facebook page ... You'll find updates and information regarding present & upcoming projects, as well as, other pertinent info. Like us @ Cudahy Public Works!