DPW NEWS & UPDATES
Fall Leaf Collection
The Department of Public Works will start collecting leaves with our leaf suckers beginning October 4th. You may place your leaves and garden (yard) waste, curbside. There will be no specific week for yard waste pick-up, as we are able to pick it up now with our new process. Things to remember:
- No branches or woody material. Branches and wood material can be taken to the City Drop-Off site until December 4th. Branches get jammed up in the leaf collection equipment. The leaves we collect are taken to a composting facility that can’t accept woody material. *Do NOT use PLASTIC bags. OK to contain leaves / yard waste in paper or biodegradable bags & place in curb.
- If your leaf pile is skipped it’s probably due to having unacceptable material in it OR a car was parked too close or on it.
- Please keep leaf piles a minimum of 10’ away from storm drains to prevent the storm sewer from getting clogged. We have no set schedule but will make every effort to pick up the leaves weekly. Please keep in mind that sometimes we can’t complete leaf collection in a week because we have 110 miles of curb-line to clean. If leaf drop is heavy or if other issues occur that take precedence, the Department may not have the resources to complete the job that week.
- There are times when we are able to collect all leaves thru the entire city by Wednesday. If you want your leaves picked up that week please make sure to put them out in the curb no later than 6am Monday morning.
- We will continue leaf collection until the first snow fall OR until Wednesday, November 24th. If leaves are placed in the street after this date and the City experiences extreme weather conditions, leaves will be removed and the property owner who put the leaves in the street will be charged a minimum $185 removal fee with no notice.
DROP OFF SITE FALL HOURS BEGIN THIS WEEK
HOURS OPEN - SATURDAYS ONLY, 8a - 1p
October 2nd - December 4th, 2021
Curbside Bulk Pick-up Now Available to Eligible Residents
Curbside Pick-Ups done weekly on Thursdays Only
*Please note: NO pickups will be scheduled during Holiday Weeks*
Residents must contact Public Works no later than Noon Tuesday to secure a pickup for that week
Requests will be scheduled no more than two (2) weeks in advance
Curbside Pick-Up reservations can be made via email or phone - click here for more details
CALL: 414-769-2216 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line "CURBSIDE PICKUP REQUEST"
**All EMAIL submissions will be confirmed via Return Email from DPW - IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE CONFIRMATION FROM DPW, WE DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR REQUEST and YOUR PICKUP WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED; Please re-send or call DPW to ensure receipt of request**
Click Here for your 2021 Garbage and Recycling Map & Calendar
DPW Facebook Page – Check out the Cudahy DPW Facebook page ... You'll find updates and information regarding present & upcoming projects, as well as, other pertinent info. Like us on Cudahy Public Works!