How Do I.....

City Hall - Main Number


How do I contact City Hall?

(414) 769-2200
M-F 7:30am - 4:30am
When am I required to obtain a building permit?
Building permits are required to construct any new building, add to an existing building and/or make alterations involving structural changes. Permits are also required for, but not limited to, accessory buildings, fences, decks, swimming pools and HVAC. (For more information see the "Permit Types" page.

Explain Process:
  • When?
  • What?
  • Who?
  • Where?
If form or application required, link to "Permits/Licenses/Applications" page
If Fee involved, link to Fee Schedule